See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
As copyright law continues to become increasingly complex in the face of new technologies and new ways of doing business, it is more important than ever to stay up-to-date. In order to continue to provide the sophisticated, pragmatic legal advice your clients expect, attend this program where you will learn about the latest developments from a group of leading experts on copyright law. The speakers at this advanced seminar will address critical issues in copyright law, drawing on their extensive experience and judgment.
Current developments will be explored in the context of developed law and proposals and prospects for future change. The faculty will invite and answer questions to be sure those attending the program receive information relevant to their practice.
What You Will Learn
- Discussion on Fair Use – When is it parody, sequel, transformative or derivative?
- Copyrightability in software
- Alternative dispute resolution in copyright matters
- DMCA update – safe harbors, liability standards, takedown provisions and more
- First-sale doctrine – ReDigi impact, “used” market for digital content?
- Litigation and legislative update – Fourth Estate, Rimini Street, recent cases and music copyright reform legislation
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for experienced copyright law practitioners, but all lawyers are welcome to attend.