See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Effective compliance and ethics programs are essential to companies of all kinds and are widely expected of companies wishing to be viewed as “good corporate citizens.” Such programs help organizations prevent, detect, and respond in an effective manner to misconduct. Compliance and ethics (“C&E”) programs are a necessary tool for managing the substantial risks that can be posed by employee and third-party misconduct, as well as assisting organizations in mitigating the harm from violations when they do occur. Companies with robust C&E programs minimize the likelihood of devastating criminal and regulatory actions — and also reap the rewards of employee loyalty and customer and shareholder trust.
At this unique Workshop, experienced compliance officers and in-house and law firm attorneys working in the compliance field will learn about best C&E practices from the exceptional team of Rebecca Walker of Kaplan & Walker and Julian J. Moore of Allen & Overy. These remarkable Co-Chairs will be joined by a distinguished faculty drawn from prominent corporate organizations, influential law firms, academia, and key government agencies to provide you with the tools you need to enhance your program, protect your company and further your professional development.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Design, conduct, and utilize the results of C&E risk assessments
- Ethically utilize artificial intelligence (AI) in compliance programs
- Draft workable conflicts of interest policies, procedures, and training
- Strengthen the Board’s effectiveness
- Understand Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) disclosure and compliance requirements
- Implement best practices for managing helplines and conducting internal investigations
- Deploy tangible and intangible incentives to promote compliance
- Perform effective compliance audits
- Conduct and track meaningful compliance training
- Above all, you will learn how to develop and maintain a “culture of compliance” at your company
Who Should Attend
Compliance professionals, in-house and outside counsel, human resources professionals, internal auditors, board members, and company managers with a background and interest in creating and maintaining effective compliance and ethics programs.
- In-person attendees will enjoy a luncheon with a keynote speaker.
- Each segment includes interactive polling designed to support compliance benchmarking.
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Participants with a foundation in corporate compliance programs would most benefit from this program.
Advanced Preparation: None