See Credit Details Below
By attending Writing for Transactional Lawyers, participants will learn to apply the principles of effective writing and drafting to your transactional practice. Particular emphasis will be given to the perspectives of the end users: your clients and those who litigate and adjudicate commercial disputes.
What You Will Learn
- Use clear drafting techniques, including the use of “Plain English”
- Tailor your writing to suit different purposes and circumstances; making words and numbers work; capturing all foreseeable future events and addressing unforeseeable events
- Address what your clients want to see their counsel do differently
- Work with your litigation colleagues at the drafting stage to identify potential litigation issues and draft to achieve better outcomes and to reflect a changing legal landscape
- Handle specific contract provisions