See Credit Details Below
White collar enforcement continues to be a top priority of the Department of Justice, SEC, CFTC, and other U.S. and foreign agencies. In recent years, the government has continued to focus on traditional priorities such as insider trading, market manipulation, and accounting/disclosure while the enforcement agenda has also broadened to include new areas such as spoofing, high-frequency trading, cryptocurrency, and cybercrimes. The social upheavals caused by COVID-19 have led to new avenues for enforcement and have also forced courts, the government, and defense counsel to adapt to new circumstances during investigations and litigation.
This unique program will give you the background and tools necessary to handle white collar cases and civil enforcement actions, and to design and implement effective compliance and risk management strategies. You will hear directly from current and former high-level officials in many of the country’s top enforcement agencies, along with in-house counsel and leading defense practitioners, about the current and future priorities for the government and the practical implications for your company or clients.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Stay current on the SEC’s enforcement priorities, including insider trading, market manipulation, and accounting/disclosure
- Remain up to date on the CFTC’s priorities including spoofing, high-frequency trading, cryptocurrency, and cybercrimes
- Gather evidence, conduct discovery, and provide disclosure in criminal and regulatory cases
- Represent clients in financial crime cases including money laundering while avoiding sanctions
- Conduct white collar investigations and litigation in a post-COVID world
Special Feature: Hear from Featured Speaker: Breon Peace, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York
Program Level: Update
Prerequisites: Attorneys interested in prosecuting civil enforcement actions and white collar criminal cases and/or consultants interested in handling white collar internal investigations, civil enforcement actions, and criminal prosecutions.
Advanced Prep: None