See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
A thorough understanding of current market practice, deal terms and conditions, transaction documents and applicable securities, regulatory and ethical issues is critical in the venture capital business. Designed for those seeking a secure foundation in the venture capital field, you will learn the essentials of venture capital. From examining the anatomy of a venture capital deal, to participating in a mock term sheet negotiation, to exploring key issues in follow-on financing rounds, exit strategies and securities law compliance, our expert faculty of lawyers, venture capitalists and business executives will analyze the legal and business issues you need to master to actively and successfully participate in today’s venture capital environment. You will also learn about the latest financing trends, regional differences in deal practice, and ethical issues that arise when representing start-ups and venture backed companies.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program attendees will be able to:
• Understand how to form and counsel start-ups
• Recognize key venture capital finance terms
• Distinguish angel and seed financing
• Structure exit strategies
• Follow digital asset trends and new financing techniques
• Comply with the various applicable securities and tax laws
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for attorneys who advise start-up companies and for investors and venture capitalists.
• Simulated negotiation over seed financing round terms
• Earn one hour of Ethics credit
• Lunch will be provided to in-person attendees