See Credit Details Below
Whether you are new to the field, seeking a quick refresher, or if your law practice only touches upon employment law issues, this jam-packed employment law primer is designed for you. Navigating the employment relationship in this ever-changing world requires a three hundred and sixty degree view of how to implement practices and maintain a knowledge base that serve as a steady foundation for success. By attending this program, you will receive the clarity required to probe, develop and support the stakeholders in your own professional workplace. An expert faculty will lead you through the major statutes, regulations, case law, and considerations governing the employer/employee relationship, and offer practical pointers on the important topics you need to know about today. By the end of this program, you will feel equipped to look at employment questions with a critical eye as you carefully calculate the best approach to the issues you face.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Draftkey employment documents and policies
- Understand discrimination, harassment and retaliation issues in 2023
- Analyze wage and hour fundamentals including recent trends and issues
- Identify and address workplace leave and accommodation questions
- Navigate remote work in 2023
- Employ strategies to evaluate key ethical considerations in employment law
- Earn up to one full hour of Ethics credit
- Transitional credit available, including up to two hours of Professional Skills credit
Program Level: Introductory
Prerequisites: An interest in the legal issues that typically arise in today’s workplace. Appropriate for attorneys and human resources professionals at all levels.
Advanced Prep: None