See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
The Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) continues to evolve at a dizzying pace. For 2018, the Board has significantly recalibrated such trial mechanisms as remand, amendment, and follow-on petitions. In parallel, the Federal Circuit has softened the appeal bar in WiFi One, and the Supreme Court continues to examine potential changes to PTAB institution practices. As stakeholders try to stay abreast of the most recent round of changes, additional challenges have emerged such as sovereign immunity and the inconsistent application of estoppel by the courts.
As the PTAB evolves, so does the patent monetization landscape. Looking into 2018, with further changes to joinder and other fundamental trial mechanisms on the horizon, new case management strategies, including concurrent patent prosecution and PTAB tactics, options, and exit strategies must be developed.
USPTO Post-Grant Patent Trials 2018 remains the most comprehensive program for patent owners and investors; corporate counsel; patent litigators; patent advisors, owners, and analysts; and patent professionals. Join our expert faculty for a deep-dive practical analysis of these critical post-grant trial proceedings.
• New! Learn how to prosecute patents to thwart later PTAB challenges
• New! (SF only) Get hot tips on patent monetization/licensing in Silicon Valley ? successfully navigate PTAB challenges and identify possible roadblocks
• (NY only)The intersection of bio/pharma at the PTAB
• Realize the role of AIA Trial proceedings as a component of a litigation strategy, including pretrial and post-trial options
• Explore strategic considerations, including procedural and evidentiary traps for the unwary
• Interpret the relative advantages and disadvantages of the various proceedings explained from the perspectives of both the Patentee and Third Party Petitioner