See Credit Details Below
You won’t want to miss this popular program, in which the masters of the bar and the bench come together to give you valuable and useful insights on jury trials. We have assembled the most experienced and respected state and federal judges, as well as many distinguished litigators, to give you their perspectives on jury trials. There is no better way to learn about jury trial practice than from the attorneys who try the nation’s most important cases and the judges who preside over them.
Whether you are new to your career as a trial attorney or an experienced courtroom litigator, this course will give you a unique view into jury trials and the best way to handle them, from opening statements through closing arguments. Our faculty will also dissect the ethical issues that often arise and the best ways to handle these situations. Join us to gain proven strategies and practical tools to successfully manage every phase of your next jury case.
What You Will Learn
- How to select the best jury for your client and your case
- How to compose and deliver a persuasive opening statement
- How to structure an effective direct examination
- How to conduct a killer cross-examination
- How to argue, persuade, and win with your closing argument
- How best to tackle the sometimes thorny ethical issues common in jury trials
Special Feature: Get the “View from the Bench” you won’t hear anywhere else. Many of the nation’s most experienced and respected judges sit on each panel and share their unique perspectives on every aspect of jury trials.
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: An interest in learning about all aspects of handling jury trials.
Advanced Prep: None