See Credit Details Below
Why do some of the busiest, most successful lawyers always seem to have a clean desk and an organized practice? How do they manage to juggle all the numerous demands on their time? Good time management is a challenge for many attorneys.
Why you should participate
By participating in PLI’s Interactive Learning Center program, Time Management for Lawyers, you will learn and practice skills, systems, and strategies that will give you back control of your time in your law practice.
What you will learn
After completing the program, participants will be able to:
- Operationalize four time-management themes in your legal practice: take time to plan, use time management systems, make decisions constantly, and apply discipline to your new procedures
- Solve typical time management problems that frustrate attorneys, e.g., dealing with interruptions and keeping track of client communications via voice mail and email
- Structure daily tasks to get client work done and plan for the week and month ahead
- Apply various time management techniques to improve work efficiency
- Implement systems for organizing and storing paper and electronic legal case documents
- Schedule a regular “priority hour” to get legal work done that requires a high level of concentration
- Turn time management skills for lawyers into habits
This program is from PLI's Interactive Learning Center. It offers a high level of participant engagement and requires more program interactions than a traditional program.
Who should attend
All attorneys, whether working in private practice or in a public interest/legal services office, will benefit from participating in this program.
1. Introduction: Why Time Management Matters (8:39 Minutes)
2. Planning at the Matter Level (3:48 Minutes)
3. Implementing Systems (33:13 Minutes)
4. Making Decisions (8 Minutes)
5. Turning Skills into Habits (3:34 Minutes)
6. Wrap-Up (6:14 Minutes)
Total runtime: 1:03:28
Look for additional programs from the