See Credit Details Below
The intersection of technology and the law has never been more pronounced. Technology now impacts every aspect of our personal and professional lives and the laws that govern how we do business in this new environment lag woefully behind, causing confusion and uncertainty for daily office management and strategic planning. As a result of the covid pandemic, work-from-home and outsourcing services are here to stay and the issues they present will only continue and add more challenges. Consumers are also impacted by these developments, relying on technology for communication, information, entertainment, and managing day-to-day life issues, such as transportation, and food and commodity delivery. And as these technologies rely on the collection of information to become “smarter,” concerns about machine learning, artificial intelligence and data security become even more paramount. These issues will also permeate the practice of law, as firms are forced to become more tech savvy in serving their clients in a highly competitive environment.
TechLaw Institute 2023: The Digital Evolution will provide attendees with the information they need to manage their business and serve their clients in this ever-changing environment.
What You Will Learn
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate the legal issues implicated by AI and data analytics
- Understand and prepare for the emerging patchwork of state privacy regulations
- Prepare for and develop best practices for mitigating against data security and cyber breach incidents
- Advise clients in developing effective and compelling online advertising in a compliant manner
- Understand the inner workings of disruptive and sharing technologies and their impact on the legal landscape
- Navigate the murky waters of legal ethics as the use of technology permeates the practice of law
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: An interest in cutting edge legal issues relating to technology.
Advanced Preparation: None