See Credit Details Below
This program will address the basics of Social Security law and practice, and how to represent clients with disabilities who are seeking benefits or appealing benefit claim denials. The application and appeals process can be confusing and difficult for the many claimants for disability benefits who cannot afford legal representation, and representation by counsel can make the difference. At the program, experienced practitioners will discuss fundamentals, evolving issues, and practical considerations for representing clients with disabilities who need representation, particularly when the claimant is appealing an unfavorable decision to an Administrative Law Judge or for further review.
What You Will Learn
- An overview of Social Security eligibility and applications
- How to handle an administrative hearing and best practices
- Appeals Council: what it is and best practices
- Federal court appeals and practice
- How to be an effective advocate for your client