See Credit Details Below
Having an effective self-care approach that addresses an attorney's individual personal needs is vital when striving to effectively manage work and personal challenges while carrying out professional and ethical duties at the highest levels over the span of a legal career. Our faculty will discuss aspects of their own self-care routines and share recommendations for new lawyers and seasoned attorneys who are simply new to the notion of attorney self-care.
• Duty of Competence and Legal Ethics - What is this form of “competence" and how could a new lawyer begin to navigate a "sink or swim" environment?
• Attorney Mentorship - Making the most of formal mentorship programs, developing relationships with informal mentors, advice for attorneys at firms without formal mentorship programs
• Considerations for new lawyers joining their organizations during COVID regarding mentorship, development, relationship-building
• The unique challenges for women lawyers and lawyers of color
• Self-care: What is self-care? What could a self-care regiment look like? Is work/life balance possible?
• What boundaries can one set regarding personal time, including responding to internal and client communications/emails?
• What can in-house lawyers do to consider outside counsel's well-being? What could outside counsel do consider the client's well-being?
PLI’s Studio Briefings are on-demand video CLE programs that feature an intimate and engaging round table discussion format with legal and industry experts addressing a range of topics. Visit our landing page for our library of PLI Studio Briefings.