Why You Should Attend:
This program will provide both attorneys and paralegals looking to learn how to implement the rules for securities law considerations for stock buybacks.
What You Will Learn:
- Recognize the reasons for share repurchases
- Gain insights on the methods of repurchasing shares
- Identify current disclosure considerations
- Summarize the SEC’s proposed rules regarding disclosure of share repurchases
- Consider implications of new law regarding taxation of buybacks
Who Should Attend:
This program overviews the principal methods an issuer can utilize to repurchase its shares. It discusses the reasons for share repurchases, the factors a board should consider before repurchasing shares, and the advantages and disadvantages of each share repurchase program. It also discusses current disclosure requirements and the SEC’s proposed amendments to its rules regarding share repurchases. We will also offer practical tips for attorneys and paralegals to implement the rules in their everyday work.
Program Level: All levels
Advanced Preparation: None