See Credit Details Below
Please note that this Workshop will only be offered as a live, interactive webcast via Zoom. Speakers and participants will be participating in the program remotely. Participants will have the ability to interact with faculty and the live remote audience during the Workshop and will have access to all program materials. Attendees will need to download Zoom Client for Meetings Software prior to the program. If you are using a VPN please disconnect from the VPN prior to starting the program.
Why You Should Attend
In this virtual Workshop for financial reporting professionals, participants will build the basic knowledge, skills and tools required to succeed in SEC reporting. This Workshop is the first step in our Essentials curriculum and provides the foundation needed for our add-on Essentials Workshops:
- Form 10-K SEC Reporting Essentials Workshop 2022
- MD&A SEC Reporting Essentials Workshop 2022
- Form 8-K SEC Reporting Essentials Workshop 2022
- Form 10-Q, Proxy Statement and Section 16 SEC Reporting Essentials Workshop 2022
- SEC 10-K Disclosure Best Practices Essentials Workshop 2022
Participants will learn the various sources of guidance for SEC reporting and will practice researching SEC disclosure questions with exercises from the Form 10-K annual report. This is an interactive Workshop (via Zoom), and open discussion is encouraged to enhance and deepen the learning process.
The Workshop includes online access to PLI’s SEC Reporting Handbook.
What You Will Learn
In this Workshop participants will:
- Use the instructions to the Forms to understand disclosure requirements
- Navigate Regulation S-K and apply non-financial statement disclosure requirements
- Use Regulation S-X for financial statement disclosure requirements
- Research other sources of SEC guidance, including the Financial Reporting Manual, Compliance and Disclosure Interpretations (C&DIs) and Staff Accounting Bulletins (SABs)
- Understand the SEC’s organization and function with a focus on the review process and frequent comment areas
- Apply these sources of SEC guidance to Part One of Form 10-K
What You Should Bring
To customize your Workshop and gain the most benefit from this interactive learning experience, we recommend you have access to your company’s or a client’s most recent Form 10-K. If you work with a company that is not yet public, filings from a company in your industry are a reasonable alternative.
Who Should Attend
CFOs, controllers and their staff, internal auditors, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, investor relations professionals, audit committee members, and others involved in the preparation or review of SEC filings. For attorneys, general counsel, in-house counsel and corporate legal staff, we recommend taking our SEC 101 Reporting Essentials for Lawyers Workshop 2022 or, for a more in-depth analysis of legal issues in SEC reporting, our two-day intensive SEC Reporting and Practice Skills Workshop for Lawyers 2022.
CFOs, controllers and their staff, internal auditors, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, investor relations professionals, audit committee members, and others involved in the preparation or review of SEC filings.
Suggested add-on courses:
Upon completion of this Workshop you will be ready to apply the SEC’s guidance and continue your learning at our more advanced SEC Reporting Essential Workshops, which build upon this foundational program, including our: