See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Attend this program so that you can receive the basic information you need to represent children of color in our education system from a racial/ethnic, socio-economic, disability, and systems involved equity focused lens.
What You Will Learn
- The legal/structural, historical, and economic underpinnings of how our education system was created and evolved over time into its current state.
- How implicit bias impacts our education system, educators, and how attorneys represent clients in that system.
- How trauma impacts learning.
- How children of color, children with disabilities, and children impacted by the child welfare or foster care system are disproportionately over- and under-represented in our child welfare, school discipline, and special education systems.
- Advocacy tips on how to become an anti-racist advocate representing children in our education system, including in special education and discipline proceedings.
Who Should Attend
Any attorney interested in providing pro bono assistance to children of color in our education system.