See Credit Details Below
This program offers 7.5 New York State Social Work CE credits for Licensed Master Social Workers (LMSWs) and Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs). Please email a request to PLICredits@pli.edu if you would like Social Work CE for this program.
This program is designed to equip attorneys with a sharper understanding of the substantive law, strategies, procedures, and best practices relevant to their representation of low-income clients who seek government benefits such as cash assistance and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). These essential benefits can be difficult to access for many eligible applicants due to the complex rules governing public benefits. Attend this program to learn about public benefits, eligibility criteria, work requirements, and recent developments.
What You Will Learn
- Rules and principles governing cash assistance eligibility, including immigrant eligibility
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) eligibility, including immigrant eligibility
- Dispute resolution, including Fair Hearings
- Ensuring program access for people with disabilities and Limited English Proficiency
- LGBTQI+ practice developments
- HASA and representing HIV+ clients