See Credit Details Below
PLI is proud to welcome back Program Chairs David W. Bonser and Adam O. Emmerich together with an exceptional faculty for our annual Real Estate M&A and REIT Transactions 2023 program.
Throughout 2022, professionals specializing in REITs saw dynamic economic market changes begin to reshape the legal landscape of high-stakes real estate M&A. In addition to COVID-19, the rise in ESG demands and changes in the SEC and IRS regulatory framework have all contributed to significant changes in principals of governance and timing of REIT transactions.
Along with knowledge of both technical and practical matters, both flexibility and creativity are required to thrive in the field of M&A and REITs. This year’s program will take an in-depth look at industry trends while reviewing current practice strategies to help you navigate the complex structures and legal framework for successful transaction and REIT governance.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand trends and developments in real estate M&A
- Assess ESG as a driver of growth, activism and deals
- Conduct strategic M&A and UPREIT combinations
- Manage the REIT distribution requirement
- Analyze new proxy access rules and how they impact shareholder activism
- Prepare for REIT governance and strategic changes necessitated by Covid and technological change
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Some familiarity with REITs and/or a working knowledge of corporate real estate transactions would be helpful to attendees
Advanced Prep: None