See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Lawyers today face increasing pressure to be efficient, handle matters effectively, and produce quality work product and service. They must also utilize appropriate risk management practices and meet the ever-growing number of compliance requirements in many areas of law. These expectations, along with the 24/7 service demand for most businesses, result in tremendous stresses on legal professionals to manage in a more disciplined manner than in the past. Legal project management tools and approaches provide the techniques to navigate these pressures and relieve some of the stresses of managing matters.
Ultimately, many lawyers are discovering that one of the best ways to improve client relationships, enhance the efficiency of their work and increase teamwork and collaboration is with the use of legal project management approaches. In fact, legal project management is a key approach to meet the expectations of today’s clients for effective legal “service delivery”. Service delivery or delivery capability is the deployment of legal expertise, technology, and process to solve client challenges. Increasingly, clients expect more than just the right level of legal expertise. It is this service delivery differentiation that has become a part of the strategy of many firms that are leaders in LPM. Heads of legal organizations or the LPM initiatives within them recognize that differentiation is more than a function of your practice mix, your geographic footprint and the quality of your lawyers.
Legal project management encompasses valuable approaches that enable lawyers to meet or exceed client expectations, while both respecting cost reduction mandates and improving profitability. This program will offer insights and approaches for legal project management that can be implemented immediately. Private practice lawyers – from solo practitioners to those working at the largest firms – as well as in-house teams and legal professionals who assist them will benefit from this one-day program.
What You Will Learn
- The return on investment from implementing legal project management approaches and programs
- How project management techniques facilitate communication between lawyers and their clients
- How to implement legal project management tools ranging from scoping to risk analysis and end-of-matter debriefs
- How legal project management approaches and disciplines apply to all types of practices and all sizes of matters – ranging from litigation to counseling to transactional practices
- How private practice lawyers can work effectively with legal operations professionals
- Recent success stories in legal project management at leading law firms and legal departments
- The next steps in implementing legal project management – beyond the basics
Credit Available: CLE and CPD