See Credit Details Below
This Studio Briefing series features leading experts in legal professional development addressing topics that are reshaping how law firms and legal departments develop and retain their talent. Chaired by Jennifer Bluestein, Chief Talent Officer at Perkins Coie LLP and author of the PLI treatises, “An Associate's First Year: A Guide to Thriving at a Law Firm” and “Stepping It Up: A Guide for Mid-Level Law Firm Associates,” this episode covers the relationship between well-being, anxiety and communication in law practice. Featuring, Rachael Bosch of Fringe Professional Development, our faculty discuss how addressing attorney mental health and well-being should begin in law school and how brain science factors into common communication issues lawyers face and ways to fix them.
What You Will Learn:
- What is Brain Science, and why does it matter for lawyers?
- Research shows anxiety and depression begins in law school--is it causation or selection?
- How does the practice of law and how we communicate in the procession make things worse?
- What can individuals do?
- What law firm service and communication protocols might we consider?
- How might we retrain our brains?
PLI’s Studio Briefings are on-demand video CLE programs that feature an intimate and engaging round table discussion format with legal and industry experts addressing a range of topics. Visit our landing page for our library of PLI Studio Briefings.