See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
The Twenty-Fourth Annual Private Equity Forum will examine the prevailing issues and trends faced by attorneys working with private equity funds and their fund portfolios. A diverse faculty of experts will address a broad range of topics most relevant to today’s market and the biggest questions brought forth by clients in the private equity industry.
This day and a half program features an in-depth review of private equity fund terms and investor relations issues, the roles ESG and sustainability have played and what the regulatory landscape for social impact funds looks like here and abroad, what issues arise when working with either GP-led secondaries and Upper-Tier structures. Unique to the Private Equity Forum this year are panel discussions on the diversity, inclusion and elimination of bias in the legal profession, legal ethics considerations when handling electronic data and communication, and the examination of tried-and-true tools private equity funds have at their disposal when facing challenges from a slowing economy.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Better understand the private equity fund terms most lawyers encounter in today’s industry
- Develop best practices for providing guidance to clients based on the recent ESG and sustainability developments seen in private funds
- Plan ahead to facilitate GP-led secondaries down the road
- Implement diversity and inclusion initiatives within the private equity industry
- Develop best practices based on the trends identified in the SEC’s exam developments over the past year
- Recall sources of lawyers’ ethical obligations and professional responsibilities and their application to electronic data and communication
- Gain insight on how private equity firms structure their upper-tier arrangements
Who Should Attend
Attorneys in securities or corporate practice, in house counsel, private equity or venture capital investors, principal investment professionals, and other professionals involved in the fund-raising and financing business.
Program Level: Overview
Advanced Preparation: None