See Credit Details Below
This program offers 7.5 New York State Social Work CE credits for Licensed Master Social Workers (LMSWs) and Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs). Please email a request to PLICredits@pli.edu if you would like Social Work CE for this program.
PLI’s Prison Law program offers a unique focus on evolving prison law issues. This program is designed for lawyers who work with respect to prison conditions and treatment of incarcerated persons. This is an area where advocates face increasingly challenging legal issues, whether they represent incarcerated individuals from a nonprofit public interest practice, private practice, or as a policy advocate.
What You Will Learn
- Prison, jail, and detention litigation elementals
- Federal prison and detention litigation update
- Prison conditions: COVID consequences and the state of COVID litigation
- Prison drug testing and the rights of the incarcerated
- Bias behind bars: Prison conditions and treatment of incarcerated persons
- Ethical considerations in prison law matters
Who Should Attend
Lawyers and allied professionals who work in connection with prison and jail conditions and the treatment of incarcerated individuals, as well as attorneys considering pro bono representation, will find this program especially valuable.