See Credit Details Below
Pocket MBA is a hallmark program for attorneys whose careers have brought them into representing clients in the financial industry, but their background training lacked accounting principles and financial concepts. This program is designed to improve your understanding of business strategies, accounting fundamentals, and vocabulary used by management, investors, auditors, and bankers.
Updated to address current topics in finance, an experienced and diverse group of professionals will share lessons from their experience, providing practical advice and industry knowledge. From financial statements to economic concepts in litigation, this program will take a broad overview of finance and the practical legal considerations that emerge in the business world. Application of pertinent information to actual situations and financial reports will provide participants with opportunities to immediately implement growth and broaden capabilities. This program will also discuss the ethical issues that attorneys face when dealing in the business world. The panel will discuss the rules of ethics for discovery, privileged communication, and disclosure obligation.
What You Will Learn
- Learn or revisit certain accounting fundamentals and core concepts
- Practical corporate finance concepts — financial ratios and analysis
- How businesses generate, deploy and manage capital
- Understand common concepts in economics and how economics can be relevant to certain disputes
- Key factors shaping financial reporting that attorneys should know
- How to “navigate” and understand the basic financial statements
- The use of valuations and evaluating the financial health of an entity
- What exposure does counsel have for participating in the negotiation and execution of contracts?
- Earn Ethics and Skills credit
- Appropriate for both litigation and transactional attorneys
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: Attorneys and other professionals who work with, and want to learn more about, financial information.
Advanced Prep: None