See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
The 2017 real estate market is well behind us. The previous year closed with some leveling indicators, signaling a slowdown from the dazzling growth the market witnessed in the last few years. 2018 is presenting a more tempered pace and environment, as real estate forecasters seem to indicate. U.S. real estate appears to remain a safe bet in the eyes of domestic and international investors, but new challenges and risks are abound in this ever-changing market.
Every year, PLI’s Negotiating Real Estate Deals attempts to address the latest issues that real estate lawyers currently face – or soon will. The program features some of the country’s most respected members of the real estate bar, and attendees will learn practical insights to help them navigate common transactions, and take an educated look toward what’s on the horizon in this dynamic industry and legal practice.
What You Will Learn
- Real estate transactions in today’s market
- Current real estate lending trends
- Practical tips for closing complex transactions
- What to negotiate in loan agreements
- Loan defaults, foreclosures and their impact on work-outs and restructurings
- Negotiating joint venture agreements
- Getting the most out of negotiating ground lease transactions
- Legal ethics issues arising out of real estate transactions
Who Should Attend
Legal, real estate, finance, insurance and construction professionals operating in this industry should find this program relevant and helpful.
Program Level: Update
Intended Audience: Legal, real estate, finance, insurance and construction professionals operating in this industry should find this program relevant and helpful.
Prerequisites: A background in commercial real estate transactional work.
Advanced Preparation: None