See Credit Details Below
Noncompete laws around the country are changing. The federal government is getting involved. How can your clients protect themselves? How will you advise them? Don’t miss your chance to attend this unique full-day program, to learn how through a deep dive discussion with experts who will explain how to manage through these changes!
Imagine that one of your client’s key employees just left to go to a competitor in violation of a noncompete. Or your client is that competitor and has just received a cease and desist letter demanding that it terminate the employee. Or your client is that employee. Or it is not just one key employee, but a group of employees in a mass lift-out. What do you do?
Noncompete agreements and similar restrictive covenants help companies protect their trade secrets, customer relationships, and other recognized legitimate business interests. But, noncompete laws vary state by state, ranging from bans in California, Oklahoma, and North Dakota, to strong, pro-enforcement policies in Florida. And, while public opinion, evolving state legislation, emerging federal regulation, and trends in judicial review and enforcement are moving toward greater limitations on the use of these agreements, the risks posed by employees who are not subject to restrictive covenants is increasing.
Understanding the changing landscape and its complications and implications is nothing short of critical – particularly for companies engaged in business across state lines.
Bringing together experts and thought leaders from around the country, the program delves into nuanced and advanced issues from the perspectives of the employee, the former employer, and the new employer.
What You Will Learn
- Hear about the latest legislative developments regarding noncompete agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and other restrictive covenants, as well as best practices from practitioners
- Learn what the protectable business interests are and how to protect them, particularly with a remote workforce and during employee departures and on-boarding
- Find out advanced practices for seeking and defending against temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions, and related preliminary orders
- Gain insight into the practical aspects of enforcing and defending against noncompetes
- Understand the key issues and what to do when a key employee leaves, and how the strategy changes when there is a group lift-out
- Learn how to spot and avoid the ethical traps common in restrictive covenant matters