See Credit Details Below
Successful negotiations start with thorough preparation. That is the lesson driving the interactive video simulation, “Mastering Negotiations: The Significance of Planning and Preparation.” Instead of rushing into the throes of a negotiation, participants are prompted to learn how to prepare for an upcoming negotiation by taking an important early step in any negotiation; learn the client’s goals and concerns.
Why you should participate
In this simulation, the client is an ambitious company that has developed a revolutionary, new technology and is looking to negotiate a non-disclosure agreement with an industry leader for what they hope to be a fruitful manufacturing and marketing partnership. This sophisticated, real-world fact pattern hides within it all the risks and opportunities that may arise in an anticipated negotiation and participants will be challenged to choose the right course to further her client’s interests while protecting it from unwanted exposure.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify and analyze key resources and facts to begin planning a negotiation on behalf of a client
- Build an approach to extract critical information from a counterpart prior to the negotiation
- Protect critical client information and recognizing when your counterpart is withholding information
- Craft statements to persuade a counterpart to understand the client’s perspective during the negotiation
- Design a “bargaining chart” to project how the limited, fungible and finite items (money, time, etc.) will be divided up during the bargaining phase of a negotiation
- Plan and project both parties' shared, independent or conflicting needs
- Propose solutions to resolve conflicting needs and aligning priorities in order to benefit both sides
This program is from PLI's Interactive Learning Center. It offers a high level of participant engagement and requires more program interactions than a traditional program.
Who Should Attend
Law firm lawyers, corporate counsel and legal professionals should find this series relevant and informative.
1: The Assignment (0:16:27) Average Time to Complete 0:47:54
2: Getting the Information You Need (0:12:53) Average Time to Complete 0:25:08
3: Protecting Information (0:08:43) Average Time to Complete 0:16:24
4: Using Persuasion (0:15:19) Average Time to Complete 0:21:53
5: Zero-sum Bargaining (0:12:14) Average Time to Complete 0:19:47
6: Problem-solving Approach (0:16:49) Average Time to Complete 0:28:10
Total runtime for CLE Credit: 1:22:25
Total Average Time to Complete: 2:39:16