See Credit Details Below
Conducting a thorough, effective and legally compliant internal investigation is tough enough when the investigation is confined to the United States. A multinational that needs to investigate possible wrongdoing internationally faces a whole other world of legal challenges. This fast-paced session offers approaches and strategies for conducting legally compliant internal investigations worldwide. The Briefing addresses:
- Strategic approaches to an internal investigation outside the US: The challenge of exporting US best investigatory practices (20 minutes)
- Differing dynamics between a cross-border investigation versus a foreign-local investigation (5 minutes)
- American investigatory-procedure-law issues - in the international context (15 minutes)
- Laws worldwide regulating internal investigations specifically (10 minutes)
- Data protection law compliance in internal investigations (10 minutes)
Who Should Attend:
- Human resources professionals at multinationals responsible for internal investigations reaching outside the United States
- Corporate counsel and corporate social responsibility professionals involved in cross-border investigations at multinationals
- Data privacy/protection experts advising multinationals
Program Level: Update
Advanced Preparation: None
Donald C. Dowling, Jr.
Littler Mendelson P.C.