See Credit Details Below
Over the last few years, acquisitions of insurance agents and wholesalers has been one of the hottest areas of M&A activity. While insurance brokerage M&A was down in the first quarter of 2021, 2020 was another record-setting year. According to Optis Partners, 774 acquisitions of insurance distributors were completed in 2020, nearly 20% more than in 2019 – and that was despite depressed activity in the 2nd quarter as a result of the impact of COVID-19. What makes this area so hot? And what unique considerations and issues does the acquisitions of insurance distributors involve?
In this One-Hour Briefing, our group of distinguished professionals will explore the following:
- Trends in insurance distribution M&A (5 minutes)
- Competitive landscape for insurance distribution M&A (5 minutes)
- Discussion of the identity and profiles of insurance distribution acquirors and sellers (10 minutes)
- Attraction of M&A in the insurance distribution space (10 minutes)
- Legal and regulatory consideration for insurance M&A (10 minutes)
- Due diligence in insurance distribution M&A (10 minutes)
- Use of RWI and other insurance products for insurance distribution M&A (10 minutes)
Program Level: Update
Intended Audience: In-house counsel, outside attorneys, insurance and other allied professionals involved in insurance brokerage M&A
Advanced Preparation: None
Beecher Carlson Insurance Services, LLC
Vantage Insurance Partners, Inc.
Brown & Brown, Inc.