See Credit Details Below
High-growth technology companies need capital to fuel growth and expansion. In principle, debt financing is a very attractive option. However, in reality, these companies have historically been limited to getting loans from venture debt providers or banks with specialized technology practices. The problem is that these options can be expensive and/or restrictive. Moreover, these loans are generally only available to companies with traditional venture capital support. In recent years, a new tool has emerged that allows these companies to utilize their most valuable asset, their intellectual property, to access non-dilutive, low-cost capital by using specialty insurance products to secure the loan.
In this Briefing, registrants will learn about insured technology financing, how it can help technology companies access growth capital, and how to identify situations where insured technology financing can be a viable option to these companies.
Joseph Ehrlich, National Practice Leader for Private Equity, Family Office and M&A at Brown & Brown - Specialty Risk Solutions will be joined by Joe Agiato, Founder, President & CEO of PIUS Limited, LLC and Cliff Morris, CEO of C3Nano as they discuss the following topics:
- Historical options for growth capital for technology companies (5 minutes)
- Intellectual property as a leverageable asset (10 minutes)
- How insurance solves the problems around accessible growth capital for technology companies (10 minutes)
- How insured loans are different from other term loans
- Differences in loan underwriting (5 minutes)
- Differences in loan documentation, structure, and mechanics (10 minutes)
- Loan default and policy claims process (10 minutes)
- Borrower qualifications (10 minutes)
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: In-house counsel, outside attorneys, insurance, finance and other allied professionals interested in learning more about insured technology financing
Advanced Preparation: None