See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Hedge Fund Management 2022 was created to provide attorneys a refresher on the registration requirements for hedge fund managers, highlighting the key aspects of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, and addressing the fundamentals of terms for hedge funds. Attendees will also learn about the international requirements applied to hedge funds registration, such as the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD), the EU/UK pre-marketing rules, and requirements for selected jurisdictions in Asia and Middle East.
New this year is the In-House Counsel Roundtable segment, which will take a deep dive into the compliance and regulatory concerns from the inside. What are the issues of day-to-day concern for in-house counsel? What are the most prevalent risk management issues? Attendees will become familiar with the practices of the trade, and what external counsel need to know when working with in-house counsel.
This program will also address diversity and inclusion in the alternative investment industry, illuminating how to better recognize and eliminate structural and institutional biases in the legal system as it pertains to the investment funds industry. Attendees will also learn pragmatic best practices on what can be done to increase diversity in the investment industry attorney population and more importantly, what can be done differently.
What You Will Learn
- Basic overview of terms for hedge funds.
- Investment Advisers Act of 1940 registration requirements and common exemptions
- Cayman Islands regulatory update
- Issues of day-to-day concern for in-house counsel
- Learn best practices for preparing for an SEC examination.
- Pragmatic best practices on what can be done to increase diversity in the investment industry attorney population
- Earn up to 1 hour of Diversity credit
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: Legal, finance, and compliance professionals operating in the hedge fund and private equity industries.
Advanced Prep: None