See Credit Details Below
Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Act prohibits unfair or deceptive acts or practices in or affecting commerce. In recent blog post, the FTC made clear that Section 5 covers AI, algorithms, and automated decision making. Since the beginning of the Biden Administration, the FTC has demonstrated its interest in regulating the data privacy and security space in a way that is likely to impact a wide range of companies.
Our speakers will discuss:
- The FTC’s April 19, 2021 blog post, “Aiming for truth, fairness, and equity in your company’s use of AI” (10 minutes);
- The FTC’s policy statement that health apps and connected devices must comply with the Health Breach Notification Rule (10 minutes);
- The FTC’s view on corporate boards’ oversight role in cybersecurity programs (10 minutes);
- The FTC’s September 2021 release of a report on small acquisitions by big tech companies (10 minutes);
- Calls for the FTC to begin a rulemaking process to protect consumer privacy and to investigate allegedly and misleading advertising by Tesla (10 minutes); and
- The potential impact of the FTC on AI, data privacy, and cybersecurity law (10 minutes).
Program Level: Update
Intended Audience: In-house counsel, outside attorneys, compliance and other allied technology professionals with an interest in the data privacy and cybersecurity space impacted by FTC regulation
Advanced Preparation: None
Law Office of Gail Gottehrer LLC
Ronald J. Hedges
Dentons US LLP
David C. Shonka