See Credit Details Below
This program does not offer legal ethics credit in any jurisdiction.
The attorney-client privilege and protection of work product are fundamental to the practice of law and, more specifically, to litigation in the United States. Nevertheless, issues frequently arise as to the scope of the privilege and protection of work product, especially when these are asserted and challenged in the context of corporate information.
Join the Honorable Bernice Bouie Donald of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Lori B. Leskin of Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP and Ronald J. Hedges of Dentons US LLP as they discuss, among other things:
- The scope of the attorney-client privilege and work product protection (10 minutes)
- Review of corporate (public and private) information to identify information subject to privilege and protection (15 minutes)
- Protection of internal investigations (15 minutes)
- Asserting and defending or challenging privilege and work product (10 minutes)
- Waiver and how to avoid or minimize waiver (10 minutes)
Who Should Attend: In-house counsel, outside attorneys, litigators and other allied professionals interested in a better understanding of the fundamentals of the attorney-client privilege and work product protection
Program Level: Update
Advanced Preparation: None