See Credit Details Below
Stay Ever Current: Subscribe today to https://bdia.pli.edu/
PLI’s blog edited by Clifford E. Kirsch on Regulatory Developments for BDs and IAs
Why You Should Attend
Legal and compliance personnel at investment advisers are dealing with a challenging and dynamic regulatory landscape, including a comprehensive new rule governing marketing activity, ongoing exam and enforcement scrutiny and new proposed rules dealing with cybersecurity and private funds. All in all, the SEC has set high expectations for advisers in identifying and responding to conflicts of interests and for providing robust and targeted client disclosures.
At the same time, the business landscape is dynamic with the emergence of digital advice, “break-away” broker dealers and continued innovation regarding advisory programs, including model-based programs.
At this program, attendees will get a solid foundation in the regulatory regime applying to investment advisers. Attendees will learn how the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and state securities laws interact in governing the advisory industry. In addition to providing a solid foundation, the program will provide extensive discussion and analysis regarding “hot topics” facing advisers today.
A distinguished faculty will offer insights into recent developments, including the SEC’s adviser exam program and recent enforcement cases.
What You Will Learn
- Who are the regulators and how do they interact?
- What lessons can be learned from recent enforcement actions against advisers?
- How will the SEC’s new marketing rule impact adviser advertising and solicitation activity?
- What are the SEC’s 2022 exam priorities related to advisers?
- How would advisers need to respond to cyber breaches if the SEC’s proposed cyber rule for advisers is finalized?
- How does an adviser register with the SEC?
- What determines whether an adviser is SEC-registered or state-registered?
- What does an adviser’s fiduciary duty entail?
- How are conflicts of interest managed and disclosed?
Who Should Attend
Attorneys and business professionals seeking to understand investment adviser regulation, should attend this program. Additionally, the program provides a refresher to those already working in the investment adviser industry.
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: An interest in investment adviser issues.
Intended Audience: Attorneys and business professionals seeking to understand investment adviser regulation, should attend this program. Additionally, the program provides a refresher to those already working in the investment adviser industry.
Other Prerequisite: None
Advanced Prep: None