See Credit Details Below
Stay Ever Current: Subscribe today to https://bdia.pli.edu/
PLI’s blog edited by Clifford E. Kirsch on Regulatory Developments for BDs and IAs.
Legal and compliance personnel at broker-dealers are dealing with a challenging and dynamic regulatory landscape, including enhanced standard of conduct rules applying to broker-dealer recommendations to retail clients, regulatory scrutiny of new types of brokerage trading platforms and ongoing exam and enforcement scrutiny. In addition to discussing these challenges, this program will provide attendees with a solid foundation in the regulatory regime applying to broker-dealers. Attendees will learn how the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, FINRA rules and state securities laws interact in governing the brokerage industry.
Attendees will hear directly from industry experts and regulators about recent developments, exam and enforcement activity by the SEC, FINRA, and the states and about how broker-dealers are responding to these developments and the challenges ahead for the industry.
What You Will Learn
- Who are the regulators and how do they interact?
- What is entailed with respect to the duty to supervise?
- Who is a broker-dealer and how do they register?
- What steps need to be taken in response to the SEC’s and FINRA’s focus on conflicts?
- What records are a broker-dealer required to maintain?
- What are the SEC’s and FINRA’s 2022 exam priorities?