See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Many lawyers are wondering what they can do to help foster racial inclusion. At this program, which is an expansion of PLI’s popular 2021 one-hour briefings on “How Can I Foster Racial Equity Now?” and “Bystander Intervention in the Legal Environment,” faculty will explore the biases and microaggressions that exist in law offices and what lawyers can do to promote equity and inclusion where they work.
What You Will Learn
- Defining biases and microaggressions in the law office
- Defining an ally and how to be an effective ally in the legal workplace
- Action items for promoting racial equity in the legal workplace
- Why so many diversity initiatives in firms and legal departments don’t work
- Understanding the bystander phenomenon
- Upstander intervention techniques
Who Should Attend
This program will be of great interest to all legal professionals concerned about issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the law office, including partners and associates, in-house counsel, diversity and professional development directors, and professionals working in government or nonprofit organizations.