See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
In this Workshop designed for lawyers and financial reporting professionals, our experienced Workshop leaders will use interactive lectures and examples to give participants the foundational knowledge and practical experience necessary to prepare and review the SEC’s periodic and current reporting forms for foreign private issuers, including the Form 20-F Annual Report, Form 6-K, and new Form F-SR for share repurchases. Participants will build an understanding of the structure and sources of U.S. federal securities laws and gain knowledge of key SEC guidance and disclosure and reporting issues.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Address the requirements of Forms 20-F and 6-K
- Locate and utilize important sources of SEC reporting rules and guidance
- Understand the requirements for offering securities in the United States
- Deal with the changes in the SEC’s Rule 10b5-1 Plan regulations and the disclosures in Item 16J regarding insider trading policies
- Address new form F-SR to disclose share repurchases each quarter and new Form 20-F Item 16E narrative disclosures about repurchases
- Implement the SEC’s new disclosures regarding recovery of “erroneously awarded compensation” (a/k/a “clawbacks”) and policies required by securities exchange listing standards
- Prepare for new and proposed developments in SEC rules relating to cybersecurity, climate change and “de-SPAC” transactions
- Identify special SEC reporting issues for foreign private issuers, including MJDS registrants
- Draft an effective Operating and Financial Review and Prospects (MD&A)
- Work with the SEC staff and understand and address their “hot-button” issues for foreign private issuers, including frequent comment areas such as non-GAAP measures, revenue recognition and segments
- Recognize key issues for foreign private issuers in the SEC’s domestic registrant system (Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K)
What You Should Bring
To customize your Workshop and gain the most benefit from this interactive learning experience, we recommend you bring your company’s or a client’s most recent Form 20-F. If you work with a company that is not yet public, filings from a company in your industry are a reasonable alternative.
Who Should Attend
This Workshop is geared to beginners or as a refresher for lawyers and financial reporting professionals. CFOs, controllers and their staff, internal auditors, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, attorneys, general counsel, in-house counsel, corporate legal staff, investor relations professionals, and others involved in the preparation of SEC filings will take away valuable practical information and skills necessary to succeed in the current SEC reporting environment.
We recommend some prior experience with the SEC reporting process and use of the Instructions to Forms and Regulations S-K and S-X.