See Credit Details Below
Tailored to focus on what is happening today in banking and financial services, this half-day program will take an in-depth look at the prevalent legal ethics issues attorneys of all experience levels encounter. Our faculty of experts come from diverse positions in the industry, and will share from their experience to illustrate common areas of potential ethical risk when working with clients in banking and financial services.
Upon completing this program, attendees will be able to confidently and professionally handle attorney-client privilege and confidentiality issues, be better prepared for civil and regulatory liability exposure commonly confronted by attorneys, and will become knowledgable about how to avoid multiple representation pitfalls, and more. Attendees will hear real world scenarios and will gain the tangible skills attorneys need to have when handling legal ethics issues. This program is essential viewing to stay up to date on how to avoid ethical traps as an attorney in 2022, and what you should do when you can't.
What You Will Learn
- Legal ethics rules that apply to issues involving conflicts of interest, multiple representations, and “no contact” rules.
- The confidentiality and attorney-client privilege issues that arise when representing banking and financial services clients.
- How to handle internal investigation matters and the ethical pitfalls therein.
- Can you be exposed to civil and regulatory liability as an attorney?
- Earn 2 hours of ethics credit
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: All attorneys in banking and financial services.
Advanced Prep: None