See Credit Details Below
Corporate counsel face many complex ethics issues in their daily practice. Participants at this interactive program will see common ethics issues dramatized in a series of related videotaped hypothetical corporate scenarios and “vote” electronically on the correct ethical responses. A highly experienced panel of ethics experts will then offer best practices and provide analysis of the issues presented.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to recognize and address the ethics issues concerning:
- Working remotely
- Limits on what you can say in negotiations and mediations
- Supervising investigators
- Litigation funding
- Use of deception
- Dealing with aggregate settlements
- Settling class actions
- Scope of Rule 8.4(g)’s prohibition on harassment and discrimination
- A client that may be engaging in a fraud
- What jurisdiction’s laws will govern ethical obligations
- Understanding technology
CPE Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: Some familiarity with corporate practice is advised.
Intended Audience: This program is intended for all lawyers in corporate practice as well as allied professionals who need to understand the ethical rules under which lawyers operate.
Advanced Preparation: None