See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
PLI’s 54th Annual Estate Planning Institute with Sanford “Sandy” Schlesinger is considered essential legal training by those engaged in sophisticated estate and tax planning practice. Our faculty not only provide instruction in the foundational elements of estate and tax planning, they expertly guide attendees through important I.R.S. regulatory updates while explaining beneficial tax structures and uniquely successful short- and long-term financial strategies for high net-worth clients. This comprehensive approach by engaging instructors has made this two-day program a staple in successful legal practice for decades.
Among the many exciting features of this year’s program are new segments on the SECURE Act II, grantor trusts, private placement life insurance, fiduciary responsibilities for executors and trustees, surviving spouse considerations, as well as two full segments on ethical issues.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Plan for potential impacts of the scheduled sunset of certain provisions of the 2017 Tax Act
- Manage the discrepancies between federal and state tax regimes
- Prepare for changes in the tax treatment of Grantor Trusts including Green Book proposals
- Implement current strategies for grantor trusts in small, medium, and large estates
- Learn about issues when planning for those with special needs
- Compare state tax residency rules and case studies relevant to estate and transfer tax
- Understand the advantages and limitations of the common ways to give—commercial donor-advised funds, community foundation funds and private foundations
- Maintain ethical standards and reduce liability exposure
- Advise clients on the fiduciary duties of executors and trustees during volatile market
Who Should Attend
Attorneys, financial consultants, and other professionals advising high net worth clients on estate planning including transfer tax matters will benefit from the program.
Special Features: Earn Up To 14 Certified Trust and Fiduciary Advisor (CFTA) Credits
Program Level: Update
Prerequisites: Attendees should have a basic understanding of trust and estates terminology and a foundational background in tax.
Advanced Preparation: None