See Credit Details Below
The Texas energy crisis in February 2021 resulted in extended power outages for millions of Texans, triggering a chain of impacting events, including significant loss of life. Our faculty will discuss the design of the Texas energy grid, how the grid failed in February 2021, the resulting impacts and legal challenges that may stem from the event. Featuring a range of speaker perspectives with experience in energy practice and journalistic coverage of the Texas energy market, our faculty includes energy law practitioners, energy utility management and a journalist and author with extensive experience reporting on Texas energy matters.
• Talk about how the grid failed with a timeline
• Talk about the ERCOT/PUC response with a timeline
• Cover the implications of grid failure – money, property damage, etc.
• Discuss legal challenges and issues – litigation, ongoing ERCOT operations, etc.
• Discuss legislative fixes being proposed
PLI’s Studio Briefings are on-demand video CLE programs that feature an intimate and engaging round table discussion format with legal and industry experts addressing a range of topics. Visit our landing page for our library of PLI Studio Briefings.