See Credit Details Below
You know that networking is essential to grow your practice throughout your career. After nearly two years of virtual networking, you may feel out of practice when connecting with others at networking events in-person, even as you continue to meet online.
Sharpen your skills and learn best practices for successful networking while you follow the ethical principles and Rules of Professional Conduct. Public Relations professional Janet L. Falk and attorney Stephanie J. Rodin will guide you to refresh your goals and polish your techniques. Learn to make the most of your next in-person networking event. Review ways to improve your presence at virtual gatherings.
Set your goals and prepare to achieve them. Follow a step-by-step guide to connect with the leaders of the host organization in advance of the event. Compose an elevator pitch that will ensure new contacts remember your skills and area of practice. At an online event, learn to stand out in the large gathering and in the smaller break-out room.
These techniques will be provided in conjunction with the Rules of Professional Conduct so you can be confident professionally and ethically at any networking event you attend, whether virtual or in-person.
- Understand ethical networking (5 minutes)
- Review the Rules of Professional Conduct (10 minutes)
- Set your goals (5 minutes)
- Prepare for a networking meeting (10 minutes)
- Tips for the virtual event (5 minutes)
- Connect with groups at the event (5 minutes)
- Craft an effective elevator pitch (5 minutes)
- Questions to build a connection (10 minutes)
- Business card etiquette (5 minutes)