See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend:
With the Administration and the Department of Homeland Security focused on enforcement and deportation initiatives, non-citizens facing removal are in need of competent and knowledgeable representation. Studies have shown that those without legal representation face a significantly higher risk of removal, regardless of eligibility for relief. In response to the acute need for trained attorneys to defend the record number of immigrants facing removal, prominent members of the bar and bench have called for more pro bono work to be done to fill the gap. At this program, expert practitioners will provide a comprehensive, nuts and bolts overview of how to most effectively defend immigrants facing removal proceedings.
What You Will Learn:
• Representation in immigration bond hearings
• Recent developments in asylum law
• The nuts and bolts of cancellation of removal
• Representing the criminal defendant in removal proceedings
• Representing children in removal proceedings
• Ethical issues and immigration law
Who Should Attend:
This program will benefit new and experienced attorneys who represent, or who are interested in representing, clients facing removal proceedings.