See Credit Details Below
Within the matter of weeks, generative artificial intelligence (“AI”) has become one of the most discussed topics in law and tech, largely due to the recent breakthrough advancements in the technology and its awe-inspiring power. However, with very little legal precedent in place and a fundamentally new technology at hand, questions and misnomers are abound in the media and amongst legal practitioners. This presentation will attempt to demystify some of the issues by providing an overview of AI and generative AI technology, emerging uses of generative AI, and current legal developments and impending legal issues arising out of the use of generative AI.
- Background on artificial intelligence (15 minutes)
- What is AI?
- How are AI data sets trained?
- What is “intelligent” about AI?
- What is the difference between machine learning and deep learning?
- Understanding the magic of generative AI (15 minutes)
- What is generative AI?
- Live demonstration of generative AI
- Why is generative AI dominating the media?
- Emerging use cases for generative AI
- Discussion on recent litigations concerning AI and machine learning (10 minutes)
- Looming legal issues with the use and development of generative AI, including: (20 minutes)
- Ownership, copyright, fair use, and right of publicity
- Child sexual abuse material (CSAM)
- Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act
- Deepfake detection and mitigation
- Other legal issues including the intersection of international laws, open-source software, user generated content, data usage, and licensing
Amir R. Ghavi
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP