See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Non-citizens facing removal are in need of competent and knowledgeable representation. Studies have shown that those without legal representation face a significantly higher risk of removal, regardless of eligibility for relief. There is an acute need for trained advocates to defend immigrants facing removal, and pro bono attorneys can help fill the gap. At this program, expert practitioners will provide a comprehensive, nuts and bolts overview of potential avenues for relief and best practices for defending immigrants facing removal proceedings.
What You Will Learn
- Review the anatomy of the removal process
- Highlight the latest developments regarding Biden Administration immigration priorities
- Examine relief for children or victims of crime facing removal
- Explore issues in representing the criminal defendant in removal proceedings
- Summarize the nuts and bolts of cancellation of removal
- Focus on recent developments in asylum law
- Analyze ethical issues and immigration law
Who Should Attend
This program will benefit new and experienced attorneys who represent, or who are interested in representing, non-citizens who are facing removal proceedings.
Interested in learning more? Hear real-world stories from program faculty and tips for representing pro bono immigration clients in these episodes of PLI’s podcast, Pursuing Justice: The Pro Bono Files.