See Credit Details Below
This program will provide an overview of the key legal and practical issues facing employers, both in their initial response to the Covid-19 pandemic and as the pandemic subsides:
- Surveying employer strategies and legislative measures related to the shutdown
- Furloughs, layoffs and terminations: What’s the difference and why it matters
- WARN Act, Mini-WARNs, and other regulatory mandates
- New leave requirements; use of vacation and other time off
- Reduction in wages and unemployment benefits
- Who is an “essential” employee?
- Thinking about the Return to Work
- Designing an appropriate safety plan
- Implementing and maintaining the safety plan, including documentation and communication
- Distancing, cleaning, symptom screening, contact tracing and more
- Gearing up for re-hiring
- Who returns first?
- How do we re-engage our workforce?