See Credit Details Below
It’s estimated that a 20-minute virtual reality session using a VR headset produces 2 million data points about an individual’s body language. This can include data about their head and hand movements, facial expressions, and behaviors that reveal physical and mental conditions. The devices that will be used to connect to the metaverse, and the technologies that will enable commercial transactions in the metaverse, will collect even greater volumes of personal and sensitive data.
Join experts as they discuss:
- What the metaverse is (10 minutes);
- The types of data that may be collected in the metaverse (10 minutes);
- The types of data that may be captured by VR headsets and haptic technologies (10 minutes);
- Why the metaverse is likely to be a target for hackers and cybercriminals (10 minutes);
- The cybersecurity risks associated with the metaverse (10 minutes); and
- Whether existing cybersecurity laws and regulations will apply in the metaverse and if additional cybersecurity laws and regulatory frameworks may be needed (10 minutes).
Leeza Garber Esq. Consulting
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Law Office of Gail Gottehrer LLC