See Credit Details Below
The changes made by the 2017 Tax Act and the CARES Act, proposals made by Congress in 2021, and the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to transform the landscape for global M&A. At this year’s program, our faculty of recognized tax experts, including representatives from the Internal Revenue Service, will explore cross-border transaction structures and review tax planning considerations in today’s constantly evolving world.
What You Will Learn
- Hear experts discuss past trends and expectations for the global M&A market
- Identify opportunities and pitfalls when selling a non-US business
- Learn important planning considerations for cross-border spin-offs
- Explore cross-border issues and opportunities in the post-acquisition integration of target and acquirer operations
- Examine the mechanics of special purpose acquisition companies (“SPACs”), Up-Cs and tax receivable agreements
Program Level – Overview
Intended Audience – Law firm and accounting firm professionals, in-house tax professionals and government attorneys who want to study the tax planning considerations in structuring international M&A deals.
Prerequisites – An interest in exploring the nuances of tax planning in cross-border M&A.
Advanced Preparation – None