See Credit Details Below
Interest in the formation of business development companies, especially private BDCs, remains high. BDCs have also recently been in the spotlight as a result of significant changes to the regulatory framework affecting them. During the session, we will provide a brief overview of the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to BDCs generally, and focus on recent developments.
Please join Brian D. Hirshberg and Anna T. Pinedo of Mayer Brown LLP for a discussion which will include the following topics:
- The 40 Act requirements applicable to BDCs,
- The tax treatment and diversification requirements,
- The registration process and shelf registration process,
- Using a BDC to address Volcker Rule constraints,
- Recent statutory changes affecting leverage and related rating agency actions, and
- Changes to offering and communications related rules affecting BDCs.
Program Level: Update
Intended Audience: Outside attorneys, in-house counsel and compliance officers, board members, executive officers, financial advisors, bankers, valuation firms, accounting professionals and other BDC industry professionals
Prerequisites: A general background in the BDC industry and U.S. securities regulation
Advanced Preparation: None