See Credit Details Below
It's no secret that today's vehicles are highly sophisticated computers on wheels that collect increasingly significant amounts of data. A putative class action lawsuit was recently filed against an automaker alleging that the driver monitoring technology in the vehicle collected biometric data in violation of the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA). The complaint seeks damages and injunctive relief.
Join experts as they discuss:
- The types of biometric data that may be collected by vehicles (10 minutes);
- The laws that may apply to that data including GDPR, CCPA, BIPA, and the SHIELD Act (10 minutes);
- The type of consent and release that may be required to collect biometric data in a vehicle. Is an online owners’ manual or disclosure on the screen of an infotainment system sufficient? (10 minutes);
- Whether the Giron lawsuit is the beginning of a trend (10 minutes);
- The allegations in the Giron class action (10 minutes); and
- The legal issues automakers and stakeholders will want to consider in light of this lawsuit (10 minutes).
Law Office of Gail Gottehrer LLC
Ronald J. Hedges
Dentons US LLP