See Credit Details Below
In just one hour, this Briefing will provide you with a summary of the fundamentals of how the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA) regulates U.S. elections.
Please join, Kenneth A. Gross of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, Jason D. Kaune of Nielsen Merksamer Parrinello Gross & Leoni LLP and Jan Witold Baran of Holtzman Vogel Baran Torchinsky & Josefiak PLLC for a discussion addressing:
- Introduction of key terms, major court decisions and enforcements – 10 minutes
- Federal Election Commission (FEC) overview and update – 10 minutes
- Contributions, expenditures, limitations and prohibitions – 20 minutes
- Registration and reporting by political action committees – 10 minutes
- Tax laws and governance of politically oriented organizations – 10 minutes
This presentation will include key chapters from the 2023 Program Course Book Corporate Political Activities 2023: Complying with Campaign Finance, Lobbying and Ethics Laws to allow you to become more familiar with the basics of federal campaign finance laws, “Dark Money” and the regulation of federal campaign activity by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and other agencies in advance of the Program, even if you are not attending the Program.
This One-Hour Briefing is offered as a primer for the two-day program Corporate Political Activities 2023: Complying with Campaign Finance, Lobbying and Ethics Laws on October 16-17 at the Grand Hyatt Washington in Washington, D.C., and via live webcast. Register for the program and receive complimentary access to this preparatory briefing.