See Credit Details Below
This two-day program is designed to teach lawyers at all levels of their careers common accounting concepts and principles that frequently arise in legal work. A diverse group of experts from the legal and accounting industries will lead pragmatic discussions, taking an in-depth look at the elements of financial statements and the story they tell about the company overall.
New this year is a thorough overview of the audit process. The presentation will address the scope of the audit process and the different kind of auditor opinions. Participants will be able to implement best practices for engaging with external and in-house counsel in the audit process.
Maintaining a basic knowledge of accounting concepts empowers lawyers in their practice, and this program strives to equip lawyers with the ability to confidently engage with accounting and financial matters.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Better understand US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Have better insight into financial statements and the stories they tell
- Identify additional regulatory or accounting issues that should be on every attorney and accountant radar screens
- Gain insight on the different types of auditor opinions and take a deep dive into the audit process
- Navigate the internal control function and the regulatory requirements
Program Level: Overview
Advanced Preparation: None